- It’s pie season – at last! Indulge in some pie loving, savoury or sweet, we’re not fussy!
- Warm nights wrapped up in blankets with steaming mugs of tea/ hot chocolate/ mulled cider whatever you fancy and a box set or a magazine.
- The return (hopefully!) of decent television after a fair few weeks of meh tv. Homeland and Downton anyone?
- Bountiful hedgerows, get out and forage. We had a lovely crumble with pears from the garden and blackberries collected on the school run: custard or cream, that’s the question!
- Winter duvet time, be gone chilly toes, beds look inviting with thick fluffy duvets and blankets on: perfect excuse to go to bed early with a good book.
- Autumn is very much muddy knee season chez Nicholas, however, this opens up a new opportunity for sneaking in a bath or two: Mrs N gets dibs on the first dip in peace, with a cup of tea and lovely bath products whilst the kids watch a bit of TV. They get round two, posh bath products and clean knees into the bargain – everyone wins!
- Unwrapping and airing the winter woolies in anticipation of cooler weather, digging out favourite boots and chasing away the spiders from the welly collection!
- It’s still mild out, so get outdoors and see the changes in our landscape. Revisit childhood by crunching through falling leaves, collecting conkers and berries. It’s good for the soul.
- Spoil yourself by slowing down a bit, you need the rest in the run up to Christmas and all that it entails, be that school carol services, nativity plays, shopping, cooking, cleaning like a mad woman – whatever it means to you and yours, please, slow down and enjoy spending time together…before you know it it will be 2015!!